On-screen notifications, also known as push notifications, appear as pop-up messages on your screen. The notifications are delivered to you in real-time, which means you receive updates relevant to your account without delay.
On-screen notifications will appear either in the top right (Mac) or bottom right (Windows) of your screen. For mobile users, notifications will appear in the middle of the screen.
Clicking the notification will take you to the relevant page at Sequencing.com that is directly related to the information in that notification.
We dislike spam and will never send you spam via notifications or any other method.
There are three types of on-screen notifications: on-site, off-site and mobile. You can turn on-screen notifications On or Off by going to Settings and clicking on the Notification tab.
- If you turn on-screen notifications off, you will not receive on-site, off-site or mobile notifications. All real-time notifications will instead be sent via email.
This type of notification provides on-screen messages while you are logged in and viewing a page on the Sequencing.com site.
- You will receive on-site notifications regardless of the type of browser that you are using.
- You will receive on-site notifications on all devices (desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile).
For those who use Chrome or Safari browsers, you can also opt-in to receive on-screen notifications even if you are not logged in to Sequencing.com. If there's a notification for you, such as if one of your apps has finished generating a genetic report for you to review, you'll receive this update as an on-screen notification.
- Off-site notifications use a technology that allows you to receive notifications about your Seqencing.com account even if you aren't currently logged in to your account.
- If you use Chrome or Safari, you will be able to receive these off-site notifications on all devices (desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile).
Off-site notifictions for Firefox is currently being tested and will launch with FireFox v44 scheduled for January 26, 2016.
Mobile notifications appear as pop-up notifications on your Android mobile phone. You do not need to be logged into your Sequencing.com account and you don't even need to have a browser open. Learn more
Mobile support for iPhone is coming soon.
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.