Incomplete genetic data
This alert appears if the genetic data in the file that was analyzed is incomplete. While many genetic data files contain a lot of useful data, some do not contain enough data for a complete analysis of the traits and conditions that are analyzed in an app.
Your genetic data files are obtained from the laboratory that conducted your genetic testing. If data is incomplete, it is likely because the genetic testing performed by the laboratory did not test your whole genome and instead just tested a subset of genes.
For example, an app may attempt to analyze 20 different genetic variants to provide a genetic risk assessment for condition X. While many genetic data files do contain data for all 20 variants, some files may only contain data for 18 out of the 20. Other files may only provide data on two or three variants out of the 20.
- This variability can occur because Sequencing.com is genetic data agnostic - our apps can process data that is produced by any genetic testing laboratory in the world.
- Some lab tests, such as Whole Genome Sequencing from Illumina, may provide far more genetic data than other genetic tests, such as ancestry genetic testing from Ancestry.com
The analysis conducted by apps in Sequencing.com's app store will use whatever data is available in the genetic data file you provide.
- The app will include this Incomplete genetic data alert if data isn’t available for 100% of the variants that the app is configured to analyze for a specific traits or conditions.
- The alert specifies to the user that the results may be different if more data was available.
- The alert specifies the traits and/or conditions analyzed by that app that had incomplete genetic data.
- If a trait or condition is not listed in this alert then the data for that trait or condition was complete.
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.