FamilyTreeDNA allows your raw DNA data from their genetic tests to be downloaded and used with other services, such as Sequencing.com. The guidance below will help you obtain and then upload and use your genetic data from FTDNA.
Once you obtain your DNA data, you’ll be able to use your FTDNA data with our wide range of DNA reports, which will transform your DNA data into clear insights and useful information for health, ancestry, nutrition, fitness, and much more.
- Sign into your Sequencing.com account and go to the Upload Center .
- If you don’t have a Sequencing.com account, click here to import your Family Tree DNA data and register for a Sequencing.com account at the same time.
- Click the ‘Family Tree DNA’ button under ‘Import from Laboratory.’
- Enter the Kit Number and password for your Family Tree DNA account.
- A File Import Progress page will appear that will allow you to monitor the progress while your FTDNA data is securely imported.
- Sign in to your Family Tree DNA account.
- Click ‘Download Raw Data’ located in the lower right corner of the ‘Family Finder’ section.
- Click ‘Build 37 Raw Data Concatenated’ to download that file. You do not need to download any of the other files.
- Sign in to your Sequencing.com account and go to the Upload Center .
- Choose the upload option under ‘Upload from My Computer’, locate and select the Family Tree DNA file that you just downloaded and click ‘Upload’.
- You do not need to alter or unzip your FamilyTreeDNA file. Simply upload the same file you just downloaded from Family Tree DNA.
- Your Family Tree DNA data will be securely uploaded into your Sequencing.com account.
- It may take up to 15 minutes before your files appear in your account.
Congratulations! You can now use your FamilyTreeDNA data with apps and reports in our DNA App Store .
Family Tree DNA is a registered trademark of Gene By Gene, Ltd. The use of the name and logo are for compatibility information only and does not imply approval or endorsement of Sequencing.com by Gene By Gene, Ltd.