Ancestry.com makes it easy to download your raw DNA data from your AncestryDNA test. Once downloaded, you can then upload your data to Sequencing.com and use it with our wide variety of DNA analysis apps in our DNA App Store. These apps allow you to use your DNA data for far more than just ancestry.View Detailed Instructional Guide with Images
- Sign in to your Ancestry.com account.
- Click on ‘Settings’ on the right near the top of the page.
- Click the ‘Download your raw DNA data’ button.
- Enter your AncestryDNA password and click the checkbox.
- This will trigger an email that will be sent to your AncestryDNA email address, which will include a link to confirm you want to download the DNA data.
- Open the email from AncestryDNA and click the ‘Confirm data download’ button in the email.
- On this download page click the ‘Download Raw DNA Data’ button.
- Your Ancestry raw DNA data file will then download to your computer.
- If your AncestryDNA account contains genetic data for two or more people, repeat the steps above to download the raw data for each person.
- Please make sure to open the zip file and rename the file inside.
- This should be done immediately after downloading each file to your computer so you can identify which person that file belongs to.
- This is necessary because all files downloaded from AncestryDNA have the same exact filename.
- Since the filenames are all the same, it is difficult to determine which file belongs to which person unless you rename the file immediately after it is downloaded to your computer.
- Go to the Sequencing’s DNA Upload Center.
- Choose the upload option under ‘Upload from My Computer’ and select the AncestryDNA file that was recently downloaded to your computer.
- Click Upload.
- Your AncestryDNA file will be securely uploaded to your Sequencing.com account.
- It may take up to 15 minutes before your file appears in your account.
Congratulations! You can now use your AncestryDNA data with apps in our DNA App Store.
Ancestry.com is a DNA testing company known for family history research to help users complete a family tree, much like 23andMe offers. Ancestry.com’s DNA testing service is called AncestryDNA. In addition to being available through Ancestry’s website, they also offer account access through their mobile app available on Apple’s App Store for iOS devices and the Google Play App Store for Android.
Ancestry.com users can purchase a DNA test from the website or on Amazon. This DNA kit contains everything needed to collect a DNA sample, which is then sent to the company’s lab.
Customers can use their iPad, iPhone, or Android device to register their testing kit. They simply download the Ancestry DNA App, scan the barcode, and provide basic information. Within a few weeks, customers will receive a notification their DNA data has been uploaded to the site and their ancestry report is ready for review.
The ancestry report includes genetic information along with ethnicity estimates and information that can be used to identify unknown family members. Test results include genetic data from the maternal and paternal line, which can greatly help those seeking to understand their lineage on both sides of their family.
The website has a database of individuals’ DNA results. This database can be used by members of the site to identify DNA matches. which can then help contribute to a family story. Census records from the United States as well as other documents are stored on the site to be used by members for data collection.
Ancestry.com, like many other DNA companies such as MyHeritage and Sequencing.com, uses the field of genomics to bring DNA research directly to the consumer.
AncestryDNA is a registered trademark of Ancestry Operations Inc. dba Ancestry. The use of the name and logo are for compatibility information only and does not imply approval or endorsement of Sequencing.com by Ancestry Operations, Inc. dba Ancestry.