23andMe makes it easy to download your raw DNA data and upload it to other sites such as GEDmatch, Promthease, and, of course, Sequencing.com. You can then use these sites to analyze your DNA data and obtain new insights that aren’t available through 23andMe.
For example, you can obtain insights about disease risk, personalized nutrition (also known as nutrigenomics), and genetically tailored fitness. You can also obtain deep ancestry analysis that goes beyond 23andMe’s genealogy reports.
- Click here to sign into your 23andMe account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and re-enter your 23andMe password.
- Click the ‘Download Raw data’ button.
- If your 23andMe account contains genetic data for two or more people, download the raw data for each profile.
- Go to the Upload Center at Sequencing.com.
- Choose the upload option under ‘Upload from My Computer’ and select the 23andMe file that was recently downloaded to your computer.
- You don’t have to modify the file in any way. Simply select the same exact file that was downloaded from 23andMe.
- Click Upload.
- Your 23andMe file will be securely uploaded into your Sequencing.com account.
- It may take up to 15 minutes before your file appears in your account.
Congratulations! You can now use your 23andMe data with DNA analysis apps and DNA reports in our Marketplace, which includes several free apps and reports.
23andMe is a registered trademark of 23andMe, Inc. The use of the name and logo are for compatibility information only and does not imply approval or endorsement of Sequencing.com by 23andMe, Inc.