Protection for your genetic data
To protect the security and privacy of your genetic data, we have implemented strict security protocols and safeguards for apps. These include:
You own your data
It's simple... you own your data. Once uploaded to your account, Sequencing.com protects your genetic data and makes it easily accessible to you.
You're in control
The genetic data you store at Sequencing.com is safe and never shared with a third party unless you provide specific authorization. The decision is yours and yours alone as to whether you allow your apps to access your genetic data.
Your authorization is always required
Sequencing.com requires apps obtain your authorization before they are provided access to your genetic data. If you do not authorize an app to access your genetic data then the app will never be able to access any data in your Sequencing.com account.
Limited access protects your genes
If you authorize an app to access your genetic data, the app will only be able to access information about your genes that is directly pertinent to that specific app.
- Apps can never obtain your entire genome (ie all of your genetic data)
- Apps can never view, copy or download any of your genetic data files or any other files stored at Sequencing.com.
- Sequencing.com's security protocols ensure that apps can never obtain all of the data from any of your files. Instead, apps can only temporarily access some of your genetic data.
Temporary access protects your genes
If you authorize an app to access your genetic data, the app is provided only temporary access to your genetic data. While an authorized app can access and use your genetic data stored at Sequencing.com in real-time, the app is forbidden from saving your genetic information.
- If you ever decide to withdraw access for an app to access your genetic data you won't have to worry about that app maintaining a copy of your genetic data in some unknown database. Instead, the only permanent copy of your genetic data is stored at, and protected by, Sequencing.com.
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.