How to make a file an Altruist File
When you upload or import a genetic data file into your Sequencing.com account you have the option to designate that file an ‘Altruist File.’ Altruist Files become part of the Altruist Database, a philanthropic open-data initiative to help accelerate life-saving research.
By default, every file you upload or import is not an Altruist File. You must specifically opt-in for your file to become an Altruist File.
- After uploading or importing a file into your account, go to your My Files page, locate your file in the folder ‘My Uploaded Files’.
- Click the Altruist button to ‘On’ for that file.
- The Altruist button is located to the left of every file.
- Your file will automatically be cleansed of personally identifiable information and the data within the file will be anonymously added to the Altruist Database.
- If you change your mind, you can turn ‘Off’ the Altruist designation for a file at any time. If you do, the file’s data will be removed from the Altruist Database.