The Altruist Database is a free, publically accessible collection of anonymous genetic data. We do not sell or limit access the database. Anyone can access it at any time, including you! Visit the Altruist Database
- Having access to genetic data allows researchers to make discoveries and advancements that benefit us all.
- You’ll earn Altruist Rewards if you contribute your anonymous genetic data to the Altruist Database. It’s our way of thanking you for being an Altruist.
How to earn Altruist Rewards
To earn Altruist Reward points, simply designate one or more of your genetic data files an ’Altruist File.’
- When you make a file an Altruist File, you’ll immediately start to earn Altruist Rewards points every minute of every day.
- The more files you designate as Altruist Files, the more points you’ll earn.
- You can decide to turn off the Altruist designation at any time.
- If you turn off the Altruist designation, your genetic data in that file will be removed from the Altruist Database and you’ll no longer receive Altruist Rewards for that file.
- Change your mind again? No problem – simply designate that file an Altruist File once more and you’ll continue earning rewards.
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.