How to obtain your National Geographic data
It's easy to access and use your National Geographic DNA data.
Obtain and upload your DNA data from National Geographic's The Genographic Project
1. Sign-in to your Genographic Project account.
- Sign in by entering your username and password for your Genographic Project account
2. After you sign into your Genographic Project account, click on the icon of the person in the top right of your screen and then click on the 'My Profile' option.
- Alternatively, click here after signing into your Genographic Project account.
3. In the 'Raw Genetic Data Terms of Service' section check the box "I agree to these terms." and then click the Submit button.
4. Near the top of the page in the 'My Test Results' section click My Raw Genetic Data File that should appear in the 'Download Genetic Results' column
5. A CSV file containing your genetic data will be downloaded to your computer.
6. If you have two or more tests in your account, repeat Steps 3-5.
7. After all files for each test are downloaded to your computer, go to the Upload Center at Sequencing.com.
8. Choose the upload option under 'Upload from My Computer', select the file you just downloaded from National Geographic and click 'Upload'.
- Repeat for all files downloaded from your National Geographic account.
Congratulations! You can now use your NatGeo Genographic Project DNA data with apps in the App Market.
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.