How to obtain your DNA data from Family Tree DNA
It's easy to access and use your Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) data.
Automatically import your Family Tree DNA data (Secure, Simple and Quick)
1. Sign into your Sequencing.com account and go to the Upload Center.
- If you don't have a Sequencing.com account, click here to import your Family Tree DNA data and register for a Sequencing.com account at the same time.
2. Click the 'Family Tree DNA' button under 'Import from Laboratory.'
3. Enter the Kit Number and password for your Family Tree DNA account.
- A File Import Progress page will appear that will allow you to monitor the progress of securely importing your DNA data from Family Tree DNA.
Manually upload your Family Tree DNA data
1. Click here to sign into your Family Tree DNA account.
2. Click 'Download Raw Data' located in the lower right corner of the 'Family Finder' section.
3. Click 'Build 37 Raw Data Concatenated' to download that file. You do not need to download any of the other files.
4. Sign into your Sequencing.com account and go to the Upload Center.
- If you don't have a Sequencing.com account, click here to register for a free account.
5. Choose the upload option under 'Upload from My Computer', locate and select the Family Tree DNA file that you just downloaded and click 'Upload'.
- You do not need to alter your Family Tree DNA file in any way.
- For example, you do not need to unzip it. Simply upload the same file you just downloaded from Family Tree DNA.
- Your Family Tree DNA data will be securely uploaded into your Sequencing.com account.
- It may take up to 15 minutes before your files appear in your account.
Congratulations! You can now use your Family Tree DNA data with apps in the App Market.
Family Tree DNA is a registered trademark of Gene By Gene, Ltd. The use of the name and logo are for compatibility information only and does not imply approval or endorsement of Sequencing.com by Gene By Gene, Ltd.
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.