Predict Prevent Prevail
Clear solutions for better health.
This app analyzes your genes and empowers you with a straightforward, actionable report you can use to protect and optimize your health.
The app analyzes your genetic risk of a wide range of preventable disease. You'll learn what path your genes are putting you on for diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
Knowing your risk means having the chance to lower it. The app provides you with an actionable report that provides clear solutions for optimizing your health.
Be proactive and use the information obtained from your genes to protect your health.
This app can analyze data from any laboratory or genetic test.
- The sample report below is from an individual's whole genome sequencing data. The app can also analyze data from 23andMe, Ancestry.com, Genes for Good and almost all other genetic testing providers.
- This app is powered by Sequencing.com's Universal Compatibility technology, which allows the app to be able to analyze genetic data from any source.
- If you have just one genetic data file, the price is $65 to analyze your data using this app.
- You can then re-analyze the file an unlimited number of times for no additional fee.
- If you have two or more genetic data files, each file is $65 to analyze.
- Once you pay for a file to be analyzed by this app you can then re-analyze that same file at any time for no additional fee.
View a sample report
While this app can process genetic data from almost any testing laboratory or company, the sample report is from an individual who had testing performed by 23andMe.
The Wellness & Longevity app analyzes a wide range of preventable diseases, conditions and medication reactions including:
cancer, including skin, breast, colon, and other forms of cancer
heart disease and heart attack
harmful medication reactions
optimal medication dosage
preventable causes of sudden death
blood clot disorders
A personalized plan of disease prevention based upon the results of genetic testing may allow you and your doctor to significantly reduce your risk of a large number of diseases and even prevent many from ever forming.
Analysis of your genes may also allow you and your doctor to understand how your body will react to a wide range of medications so that he or she can prescribe those that are likely to be most effective and least harmful.
Learn your risk for, and ways to personalize your prevention of, dozens of common diseases such as
- Cancer, including skin, breast, colon, and other forms of cancer
- Heart disease, including an extensive screening for preventable causes of arrhythmias (an abnormal heartbeat that can lead to sudden death in adults, children, and even babies), coronary artery disease and heart attack
- Obesity, multiple sclerosis, blood clot disorders, bleeding abnormalities and more.
Discover the most effective medications and the optimal dosing based on your genes, as well as what medications to avoid because they are likely to cause harmful side effects.
Outsmart your genes
Genes play a significant role in determining who you are. They dictate not only your physical appearance and many of your personality traits but also your risk for disease and how your body will respond to certain medications. In addition, your genes determine your risk of passing on diseases to your children.
For most common diseases, such as many forms of cancer, heart disease, autoimmune diseases, diabetes and obesity, genes are just one of the factors that determine your risk. Non-genetic factors, such as your lifestyle (what specific foods and beverages you consume, the amounts and types of exercises you perform), the medications you take, and the medical screening procedures you have (colonoscopies, full body skin exams, etc.) may also contribute to overall disease risk and prevention.
To purchase this app:
- Log in to your Sequencing.com account.
- If you are already logged in, click the 'Add to Cart' button located under the app icon (top left of this page).
- This app will be added to your cart.
- Click the cart icon that appears in the top right header of the page and follow the instructions to purchase this app.
- This app will immediately be added to your My Apps page.
To use this app:
- Go to My Apps and click the 'Start App' button.
- Select the file that contains your genetic data.*
- Click the 'Submit' button
- The app will study your genes and create a report that's tailored to you.
- This app is speedy so most reports are ready within minutes! We'll send you an email when your report is ready.
*Upload your genetic data at the Upload Center. If you don't yet have genetic data, don't worry! You can use one of our fun sample genomes. Just start the app and select a sample genome.
What if I don't have genetic data?
You can still use this app. When you sign into the app for the first time you'll have the option to select from a list of sample genetic data if you don't have your own. All of the sample data are from real individuals so the analysis, results and genetic report are real, too.
What types of genetic data can I use with this app?
You can use genetic data from almost any laboratory genetic test. This includes:
- Whole genome sequencing and exome sequencing
- 23andMe, Ancestry.com, Family Tree DNA and The Genographic Project (National Geographic)
- Most DNA genotyping microarrays including Illumina Bead Arrays®, Affymetrix Gene Chips® and the Nexus Chip®
Please note that the ability for this app to analyze each trait, disease and medication reaction will depend upon the amount of genetic data in your genetic data file. If there is not enough genetic data in your file then some traits, diseases or medication reactions may not be able to be fully analyzed or may not be able to be analyzed at all. The results will indicate if this occurs. For example, if there is no genetic data for a specific disease to be analyzed then the result will indicate 'Not enough data to analyze.' This is more likely to occur if your genetic data file is from a company or laboratory that uses DNA microarray technology for their genetic testing, such as Ancestry.com and National Geographic.
Do I need to do anything to the file containing my genetic data before it is analyzed by this app?
Good news... the app does everything for you.
All you need to do is either upload or import the file containing your genetic data into your Sequencing.com account. Start the app, select the file and the app will handle do everything else.
23andMe data can be uploaded or imported directly from 23andMe (via the Upload Center) while Ancestry.com, Family Tree DNA and The Genographic Project data can be obtained from those services and then uploaded to your account at Sequencing.com. You don't need to do anything to the file you obtain from these services... just upload the file to your secure account at Sequencing.com and then you can use it to power most apps.
Both whole and exome sequencing data can be provided unaligned (such as in FASTQ or FASTA formats), aligned but without variant calling (such as BAM or SAM formats) or in VCF, CRAM or AVRO formats.
What about determining sex or reference genome used when the data was created?
Some more good news... the app does this as well. It utilizes an advanced automated approach to determine sex and reference genome (if the file format is downstream of alignment).
The Wellness & Longevity app utilizes Nexus® technology for genetic analysis and report generation.
Nexus® includes a comprehensive database of genotypes and their related phenotypes, relational data pertaining to phenotypes, algorithms to calculate risk (for multifactorial phenotypes) and carrier status (for monogenic phenotypes) and the ability to generate dynamic genetic reports that are focused on empowering the individual.
A multifactorial algorithm is used to assess risk of melanoma, heart disease, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
A monogenic algorithm is used to assess all other phenotypes. The results of monogenic analysis are one of the following:
- Custom results may be provided for specific genotypes. These customized results are obtained from literature reviews that investigated of made note of a phenotype for a specific genotype. This may include information about penetrance.
- Not a carrier
- No phenotype-causing alleles detected
- Carrier but not affected
- One phenotype causing allele detected for
- an autosomal recessive phenotype
- an X-linked recessive phenotype (if the genetic data is from a female)
- Likely affected
- Two phenotype-causing alleles detected for an autosomal recessive phenotype
- One phenotype-causing allele detected for an autosomal dominant phenotype
- One phenotype-causing allele detected for an X-linked dominant phenotype
- One phenotype-causing allele detected for an X-linked recessive phenotype (when the phenotype has been found to be detectable even in heterozygous females)
Genetic analysis and actionable reports for the practicing healthcare professional. Includes assessment and straightforward information for common, preventable diseases and medication reactions.
Rare Disease Screen
Analyzes more than 1,200 rare diseases, syndromes conditions and traits. Determines whether a person is a carrier of, or likely affected by, one or more rare diseases. Useful for comprehensive analysis of genetic data as well as preconception screening (to identify diseases a person may carry and may pass on to their children).
Click here to view the full list of rare diseases, conditions and traits
The genetic analysis and statements that appear in this app have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration. The Sequencing.com website and all software applications (Apps) that use Sequencing.com's website, as well as Sequencing.com's open Application Programming Interface (API), are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.