The first genetic analysis and genetic report designed to empower the practicing healthcare professional.
This app can analyze human genetic data from any laboratory or technology.
- The sample report below is from an individual's whole genome sequencing data.
- This app is powered by Sequencing.com's Universal Compatibility technology, which allows the app to be able to analyze genetic data from exome sequencing and microarrays including testing from Illumina, Affymetrix, LabCorp, Quest, Invitae, HLI, 23andMe, Ancestry.com, National Geographic and any company or laboratory that provides genetic testing services.
$75 per file
Included is the ability to re-analyze your data an unlimited number of times for one year for no additional fee.
A sample Genetic Report appears above.
In addition to the genetic report, the Healthcare Pro app results also include detailed information about the specific genes and genetic variants analyzed as well as the medical references that link the variant to a specific disease, medication reaction or trait. This information is easy to browse and search with some content linking out to additional information.
To add this app to your My Apps page:
- Log in to your Sequencing.com account.
- If you are already logged in, click the 'Add to Cart' button located under the app icon (top left of this page).
- This app will be added to your cart.
- Click the cart icon that appears in the top right header of the page and follow the instructions to checkout.
- This app includes a free trial.
- After completing the checkout process, you can use this app one time for free within the first 24 hours.
- This app will immediately be added to your My Apps page.
To use this app:
- Log in into your Sequencing.com account
- Click the 'Add to My Apps' button located under the app icon to add the Healthcare Pro app to your account
- Click the 'Start app' button
- Select the patient's genetic data file
- Click Submit
- The app will analyze the patient's data and generate a genetic report.
- You'll receive an email notification when the genetic report is ready to view.
- Most reports are ready within a few minutes.
*Upload your genetic data at the Upload Center. If you don't yet have genetic data, don't worry! You can use one of our fun sample genomes. Just start the app and select a sample genome.
There are several ways to upload or import your patient's genetic data
- If your patient already has their genetic data, the patient can register for a free Sequencing.com account and upload the data into their secure account.
- The patient can then easily share the data with you, which allows you to use the data with any app.
- If you ordered the genetic test, you can upload the genetic data into your practice's secure Sequencing.com account. You can then choose to share the data and/or the report(s) with your patient.
- The laboratory that conducts the genetic testing can also upload the patient's data directly into Sequencing.com.
- When a lab uploads data, a secure, free account is automatically created for your patient and he or she will receive the password by email or from the lab.
- The patient's genetic data will also be automatically shared with your practice's Sequencing.com account. You or your staff and then use apps to analyze the data.
- You and your staff will be able to manage all of your patient's genetic data through your practice's account.
- Your patients will be able to access their data at any time simply by logging into their accounts at Sequencing.com.
- Your patients can use apps to turn their data into useful information, share the data and reports with others or simply use their accounts for free, secure storage of their data.
The results have been specially designed to make them easy to:
- download as a PDF and quickly import into all EMRs and EHRs.
- print and add to a chart.
- securely share with your patient and other healthcare professionals.
If you'd prefer additional EMR/EHR integration, please submit a Support Request to discuss a customized solution.
What if I don't have genetic data?
You can still use this app. When you sign into the app for the first time you'll have the option to select from a list of sample genetic data if you don't have your own. All of the sample data are from real individuals so the analysis, results and report are real, too.
What types of genetic data can I use with this app?
You can use genetic data from almost any laboratory genetic test. This includes:
- Whole genome sequencing and exome sequencing
- Most DNA genotyping microarrays including Illumina Bead Arrays®, Affymetrix Gene Chips® and the Nexus Chip®
- 23andMe, Ancestry.com, Family Tree DNA and The Genographic Project (National Geographic)
Please note that the ability for this app to analyze each trait, disease and medication reaction will depend upon the amount of genetic data in your genetic data file. If there is not enough genetic data in your file then some traits, diseases or medication reactions may not be able to be fully analyzed or may not be able to be analyzed at all. The results will indicate if this occurs. For example, if there is no genetic data for a specific disease to be analyzed then the result will indicate 'Not enough data to analyze.' This is more likely to occur if your genetic data file is from a company or laboratory that uses DNA microarray technology for their genetic testing, such as Ancestry.com and National Geographic.
Do I need to do anything to the file containing my genetic data before it is analyzed by this app?
Good news... the app does everything for you.
All you need to do is either upload or import the file containing your genetic data into your Sequencing.com account. Start the app, select the file and the app will handle do everything else.
23andMe data can be uploaded or imported directly from 23andMe (via the Upload Center) while Ancestry.com, Family Tree DNA and The Genographic Project data can be obtained from those services and then uploaded to your account at Sequencing.com. You don't need to do anything to the file you obtain from these services... just upload the file to your secure account at Sequencing.com and then you can use it to power most apps.
Both whole and exome sequencing data can be provided unaligned (such as in FASTQ or FASTA formats), aligned but without variant calling (such as BAM or SAM formats) or in VCF, CRAM or AVRO formats.
What about determining sex or reference genome used when the data was created?
Some more good news... the app does this as well. It utilizes an advanced automated approach to determine sex and reference genome (if the file format is downstream of alignment).
Wellness & Longevity
Clear solutions for better health. This app analyzes dozens of preventable diseases such as heart disease and cancer and empowers the layperson with a straightforward, actionable report focused on to personalized health optimization.
Rare Disease Screen
Analyzes more than 1,200 rare diseases, syndromes conditions and traits. Determines whether a person is a carrier of, or likely affected by, one or more rare diseases. Useful for comprehensive analysis of genetic data as well as preconception screening (to identify diseases a person may carry and may pass on to their children).
Click here to view the full list of rare diseases, conditions and traits
The genetic analysis and statements that appear in this app have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration. The Sequencing.com website and all software applications (Apps) that use Sequencing.com's website, as well as Sequencing.com's open Application Programming Interface (API), are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.