Get connected to a genetic counselor
Advanced artificial intelligence (AI) is used to aid genetic counselors so they can most effectively answer your questions in any of the areas below.
|Understanding Health Risks
✓ 30 Days online chat with a licensed genetic counselor
✓ Discuss your DNA data
✓ Powered by Sequencing.com's Universal Compatibility
Works with genetic data from any company or laboratory including:
23andMe, Ancestry, Dante Labs, MyHeritage, Living DNA, Vitagene, Helix, exome sequencing, whole genome sequencing and many more
✓ Up-to-date research findings
✓ Ability to upload additional genetic testing reports (e.g. pdf reports)
✓ Discuss genetic testing options
✓ Use any device to securely chat with a genetic counselor including your desktop computer, tablet or phone
On Your Time
Discuss and get your questions answered from the comfort of your home or on the go.
We guarantee a response from a genetic counselor within 48 hours.
Personalized and Up-to-Date
Artificial intelligence is utilized to aid and augment our genetic counselors to help ensure they are providing the most accurate information.
30 days online chat with a licensed genetic counselor
✓ No scheduling or appointments required.
✓ Chat with a genetic counselor about five different conditions from up to three different genetic reports.
✓ Receive counseling for up to five genetic data files in your Sequencing.com account during the 30 days.
✓ 30 day period begins when you purchase the app.
1. Purchase the Genetic Counseling app from Sequencing.com's marketplace at click the 'Start' button.
- After purchasing the app, your app will be located in your My Apps page.
- To access your My Apps page, sign into your Sequencing.com account and at the top of the page click 'Apps' and then 'My Apps'.
2. Select your genetic data file.
- You'll be able to select any genetic data file stored in your Sequencing.com account.
- If your genetic data is not yet stored in your Sequencing.com account, you can securely import or upload your genetic data at the Upload Center.
- Click the 'Data Compatibility' tab to learn more about what data is compatible.
3. DNAVisit will receive secure access to your genetic data file.
- If you want DNAVisit's genetic counselors to review more than one file, you may re-start the app multiple times and select a different genetic data file each time.
- You may select up to five different genetic data files from your Sequencing.com account during the 30 day period.
4. DNAVisit will email you instructions for accessing DNAVisit's secure, private chat room.
5. You'll chat online (similar to instant messaging) with a genetic counselor and get your questions answered, typically within 48 hours.
The ability for DNAVisit to analyze each trait, disease and medication reaction will depend upon the amount of genetic data in your genetic data file. If there is not enough genetic data in your file then some traits, diseases or medication reactions may not be able to be fully analyzed by DNAVisit's clinical geneticists and genetic counselors.
|Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS)
|Genes for Good
||gz and zip compressed files
||almost all other genetic data formats
|almost all other genetic tests
DNAVisit is a health technology company located in California that connects you via secure, online chat with clinical geneticists and genetic counselors.
Just like Sequencing.com, DNAVisit:
✓ is HIPAA-compliant
✓ keeps your information confidential and private
✓ does not sell your data to third parties
All the information provided by DNAVisit is for educational and research purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Most tests and research do not cover all variants related to a condition. In general, it’s advised to confirm any significant finding by an independent clinically validated test. Also, keep in mind that non-genetic factors such as environmental, lifestyle, and family history can play a large role in identifying the risk for any trait or disease.
You should share or discuss any data with a healthcare provider before making any medical or reproductive decisions. In some states, we directly offer the ability for you to chat with a healthcare provider such as a genetic counselor or physician.
The genetic analysis and statements that appear in this app have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration. The Sequencing.com website and all software applications (Apps) that use Sequencing.com's website, as well as Sequencing.com's open Application Programming Interface (API), are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.