The Sequencing.com DNA app store is a digital marketplace offering free and paid apps that transform genetic data into useful information and personalized guidance. DNA apps accomplish this by analyzing your genetic data that is obtained when you take a DNA test, such as DNA tests offered by 23andMe, Ancestry, Family Tree DNA, MyHeritage, Dante Labs and similar services.
There are nine categories of apps including health, ancestry, nutrition, fitness, beauty, lifestyle, children, bioinformatics, and clothing. If you’ve had 23andMe’s DNA testing, your 23andMe data is already compatible with apps in all categories. To use an app, follow the steps below to securely upload your 23andMe data into your Sequencing.com account.
Sequencing.com provides the ability to quickly and securely import a copy of your DNA data directly from 23andMe into your Sequencing.com account. The automatic importer will import data from each profile in your 23andMe account so if you have DNA data for three family members then a copy of the DNA data for all three people will be imported into your Sequencing.com account.
To use the automatic importer, sign into your Sequencing.com account and then click the 23andMe button in the Upload Center. If you don’t have a Sequencing.com account then click the 23andMe button at the Register page.
The automatic importer usually takes between 1-3 minutes to complete. Once the import starts, you’ll be able to monitor the import progress in real-time. You can then use your 23andMe DNA data with any of the apps in Sequencing.com’s marketplace.
An alternative to the automatic importer discussed above is to manually obtain your DNA data from 23andMe by following these steps:
1. Visit https://you.23andme.com/tools/data/.
2. Click on the ‘Download’ located to the right of ‘Browse’ (centered below the header).
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Submit Request’.
- Follow the instructions provided by 23andMe to download your DNA data file to your computer.
- If your 23andMe account contains DNA data for two or more people, download the raw data for each profile.
After you have downloaded your 23andMe DNA data to your computer, following these steps to upload your DNA data to Sequencing.com:
5. Go to the Upload Center at Sequencing.com.
6. Choose the upload option under ‘Upload from My Computer’ and select the 23andMe file that was recently downloaded to your computer.
- You don’t have to modify the file in any way. Simply select the same exact file that was downloaded from 23andMe.
7. Click Upload.
- Your 23andMe file will be securely uploaded into your Sequencing.com account.
- It may take up to 10 minutes before your file appears in your account.
- If you downloaded two or more DNA data files from 23andMe, repeat steps 5-7 for each DNA file.
Sequencing.com also offers numerous options to import your data. If you have 23andMe data or have had genetic testing from any company or laboratory (AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, MyHeritage, Helix, Dante Labs, etc.) we have built quick, secure automatic importers to help facilitate importing a copy of your DNA data into your Sequencing.com account. Visit the Upload Center to use one of our automatic importers.