Knowing your risk means having the chance to lower it.
This app predicts your genetic risk of losing your hair and empowers you with a report focused on prevention.
An inherited risk of male pattern baldness may not need to determine your physical appearance. Whether you still have a full head of hair or are already experiencing hair loss, based on your genetic testing results you can create a personalized plan to combat further hair loss.
Includes unlimited use and app version upgrades for one year.
To purchase this app:
- Log in to your Sequencing.com account.
- If you are already logged in, click the 'Add to Cart' button located under the app icon (top left of this page).
- This app will be added to your cart.
- Click the cart icon that appears in the top right header of the page and follow the instructions to purchase this app.
- This app will immediately be added to your My Apps page.
To use this app:
- Go to My Apps and click the 'Start App' button.
- Select the file that contains your genetic data.*
- Click the 'Submit' button
- The app will study your genes and create a report that's tailored to you.
- This app is speedy so most reports are ready within minutes! We'll send you an email when your report is ready.
*Upload your genetic data at the Upload Center. If you don't yet have genetic data, don't worry! You can use one of our fun sample genomes. Just start the app and select a sample genome.
Because optimizing cardiovascular exercise is one of the lifestyle preventions that can help prevent hair loss, you will also receive an analysis of the genes involved in fitness and athletic performance.
This app produces a report that is confidential and easy-to-read. Your report not only details your genetic risk of developing male pattern baldness but also provides non-technical, straightforward information about prevention that’s specific to your genes. This will enable you to become proactive in protecting you against hair loss.
Hair loss affects the majority of men in America. By age 35, more than 65% of men will have noticeable hair loss, and by age 50, more than 85%. Some even begin to notice significant hair loss before the age of 21.
Hair loss can negatively impact one’s lifestyle. Men with hair loss often report a decrease in self-confidence, negative effects on interpersonal relationships and even problems in their professional lives. More than 95% of the time, hair loss is caused by male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia), which usually manifests as a receding hairline or thinning hair on the crown (top) of the head.
The Good News
Hair loss is determined by both your genes and nongenetic factors, such as your lifestyle. Based upon the results of this app, you can use the information contained within your genes to institute a plan of personalized prevention that may significantly delay or prevent hair loss.