Using an IDE of your choice you may code your app. RTP technology can be coded into apps that are available via any platform or OS, including iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows and almost all distros of Linux.
Access to Sequencing.com's technology is via API. Because of this, you will be required to have some knowledge about making REST API requests and parsing the returned JSON data.
Once the data is available to your code then you may use it in your code logic. E.g. if you are creating a mobile app for the Apple iPhone then you might code your app in Objective-C or Swift and make API calls to the Sequencing.com backend.
If your app requires access to a user’s data then in your app you will be required to enable OAuth based authentication. If the user "Accepts" that your app and any app chains that your app may use may then access the user's genetic data stored at Sequencing.com. The user's genetic data will be made available only after you have passed the OAuth Token that was supplied.
You will then be able to use the returned data from the call in your code logic. At this point it will be up to you to use the data for your requirements. E.g. you might want to show tabular data, then you will be required to parse the data and make that as a data-source to the table controls in iOS.
Once your app has been created, you may upload it to iTunes Connect and if accepted by Apple then it would be available to end users.
- Only the genetic data pertinent to your app or the app chains you are using will be accessed.
- While an App +RTP that are run on a platform outside of Sequencing.com may use an App Chain that utilizes, analyzes, processes, etc. a user's entire genome, Apps +RTP cannot retrieve or download a user's entire genome.
- While Apps +RTP can access and use data from within a user's genetic data file, Apps +RTP cannot download any of the actual genetic data files.
- Updates to existing app chain may be released from time to time and seamlessly integrated into RTP. The benefit to you is that you do not have to recode your app each time an app chain is updated. This also means, however, that for users to always receive the most up-to-date (ie Real-Time) personalization, app chains must be re-run each time the app function is accessed that utilized +RTP technology.
- Apps +RTP are also prohibited from storing a user's genetic data.