To import a file from a AWS S3 bucket, the file property must be set to Public.
To change a AWS S3 file property to ‘Public’
- Log in to your AWS console
- Navigate to the S3 bucket and the folder containing the file
- Right click on the file and select ‘Make Public’
- Click the ‘Properties’ button in the top right corner of the AWS console
- The link (url) for the file will be the fourth item listed on the right in the AWS console
- Copy the link
After you copy the link:
- Navigate to Sequencing.com’s Upload Center
- Paste the link in the Import for Cloud or FTP field
- Press the Import button
- As long as the file is set to Public the file import will begin. You don’t have to do anything else.
- Once you receive the notification that the import has started you can navigate away from the Upload Center.
- You do not have to stay logged in to your Sequencing.com account for the import to continue. You can even close your web browser or turn off your computer.
- Importing a file that is 5GB or larger may take several hours to complete.
- You’ll receive an on-screen notification and an email once the entire file has been fully imported into your Sequencing.com account.
To find an imported file
- Once you receive the notification that the file import is complete, you can find the file in your Sequencing.com account.
- Go to your My Files page
- The imported file will be at the top of your My Uploaded Files folder
- The file is now securely stored in your Sequencing.com account.
- You can also use the imported file with your apps.