Obtain a file's download link
A download link can be used to download a copy of the file to your computer.
- You can send the download link to anyone, including people who have not registered for an account at Sequencing.com.*
- You can post the link on social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter.
- A download link may also be sent to you by another person so that you can download a copy of that person's file to your computer.
To create a download link for a file
- To download a file, navigate to the My Files page and find the file that you want to download
- Under the options column click on the 'Download' icon:
- You may then download the file by clicking on the 'Download File' button or by copying and pasting the download link into your browser.
- Clicking the Download File button will immediately start your download.
- Optional: You can also copy and save the Download Link.
- The link will allow you to download the file at any time.
- You can also use the download link to share the file with others. If you share the download link with someone else then they will be able to download that file.
*Sending a person a file's download link provides unlimited access to that file. Before providing a file's download link to another person or sharing it on a social media site please make sure that the file does not contain anything confidential. Once another person downloads the file then Sequencing.com will no longer be able to protect that file.
If you'd rather provide limited access to a file, please use the Share option instead of creating a download link. Learn the difference between File Sharing and Download links
Disable a file's download link (so the link can no longer be used to download the file)
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.