Import from cloud or FTP
If your data is stored with a cloud provider or accessible via FTP then you can use the Upload Center to easily import your data into your Sequencing.com account.
You can import a file from most cloud providers including Amazon (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and many others.
To import files from all other cloud providers
- Copy the link (url) of the file that is stored in the cloud
- Make sure the file can be shared using that link
- Either sharing for that file has to be turned on or the link has to be set to 'public'
- Return to Sequencing.com's Upload Center
- Paste the link (url) of the file into the Upload from Cloud or FTP field
- Press the Import button
- The file import will begin and you don't have to do anything else.
- Once you receive the notification that the import has started you can navigate away from the Upload Center.
- You do not have to stay logged in to your Sequencing.com account for the import to continue. You can even close your web browser or turn off your computer.
- Importing a file that is 5GB or larger may take several hours to complete.
- You'll receive an on-screen notification and an email once the entire file has been fully imported into your Sequencing.com account.
To find an imported file
Once you receive the notification that the file import is complete, you can find the file in your Sequencing.com account.
Go to your My Files page
The imported file will be at the top of your My Uploaded Files folder
The file is now securely stored in your Sequencing.com account.
- You can also use the imported file with your apps.
Alternative ways to upload and import data
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.