If your data is stored with a cloud provider or accessible via FTP then you can use the Upload Center to easily import your data into your Sequencing.com account.
You can import a file from most cloud providers including Amazon (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and many others.
To import files from all other cloud providers
- Copy the link (url) of the file that is stored in the cloud
- Make sure the file can be shared using that link
- Either sharing for that file has to be turned on or the link has to be set to ‘public’
- Return to Sequencing.com’s Upload Center
- Paste the link (url) of the file into the Upload from Cloud or FTP field
- Press the Import button
- The file import will begin and you don’t have to do anything else.
- Once you receive the notification that the import has started you can navigate away from the Upload Center.
- You do not have to stay logged in to your Sequencing.com account for the import to continue. You can even close your web browser or turn off your computer.
- Importing a file that is 5GB or larger may take several hours to complete.
- You’ll receive an on-screen notification and an email once the entire file has been fully imported into your Sequencing.com account.
To find an imported file
- Once you receive the notification that the file import is complete, you can find the file in your Sequencing.com account.
- Go to your My Files page
- The imported file will be at the top of your My Uploaded Files folder
- The file is now securely stored in your Sequencing.com account.
- You can also use the imported file with your apps.
Alternative ways to upload and import data