Import from cloud or FTP
If your data is stored with a cloud provider or accessible via FTP then you can use the Upload Center to easily import your data into your Sequencing.com account.
You can import a file from most cloud providers including Amazon (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and many others.
Click here for instructions to import files from AWS S3
To import files from all other cloud providers
- Copy the link (url) of the file that is stored in the cloud
- Make sure the file can be shared using that link
- Either sharing for that file has to be turned on or the link has to be set to ‘public’
- Return to Sequencing.com’s Upload Center
- Paste the link (url) of the file into the Upload from Cloud or FTP field
- Press the Import button
- The file import will begin and you don’t have to do anything else.
- Once you receive the notification that the import has started you can navigate away from the Upload Center.
- You do not have to stay logged in to your Sequencing.com account for the import to continue. You can even close your web browser or turn off your computer.
- Importing a file that is 5GB or larger may take several hours to complete.
- You’ll receive an on-screen notification and an email once the entire file has been fully imported into your Sequencing.com account.
To find an imported file
- Once you receive the notification that the file import is complete, you can find the file in your Sequencing.com account.
- Go to your My Files page
- The imported file will be at the top of your My Uploaded Files folder
- The file is now securely stored in your Sequencing.com account.
- You can also use the imported file with your apps.
Alternative ways to upload and import data
- Upload from your computer
- Upload using Big Yotta secure file uploader
- Securely upload files and folders of any size directly into your Sequencing.com account
- Import from a laboratory