Genes for Good
Sequencing.com is compatible with DNA data from Genes for Good
Genes for Good is a research study conducted at the University of Michigan. The major goal of the study is to engage tens of thousands of individuals in genetic research. The primary tool to accomplish this is the Genes for Good Facebook App. Participants engage in the study through the App, answer health-related questions, and view summaries of selected survey questions.
- After answering 15 health history and 20 health tracking surveys on Facebook, you will be eligible to receive free genetic testing.
- When the results are available, Genes for Good allows you to download your raw genetic data.
- Your Genes for Good data is fully compatible with apps in Sequencing.com’s App Market.
How to access and use your Genes for Good DNA data
1. When Genes for Good notifies you that your genetic testing data is available, follow their instructions for downloading your raw data.
2. Choose to download the zipped file that contains all of your raw data.
- The best GFG file to use with apps will have a filename that’s similar to: GFG7_filtered_unphased_genotypes_23andMe.txt
3. After downloading the zip file, simply upload it to your Sequencing.com account using the Upload Center.
- You do not need to unzip the file.
4. Once uploaded to your Sequencing.com account, you’ll see your files in your My Files page.
- While you can use most of the files provided by Genes for Good with apps at Sequencing.com, we recommend using the file “GFG7_filtered_unphased_genotypes_23andMe.txt”.
Congratulations! You can now use your Genes for Good DNA data with apps in the App Market.
Free, unlimited and confidential storage of your genetic data
Get the Genes for Good Facebook App
*Sequencing.com is not affiliated with Genes for Good. Go Blue!