File formats for apps
The majority of apps in the App Market can run using most genetic data file formats. The specific file formats that an app can process will be identified on the app information page. This page is accessible by clicking on the app icon in the App Market or on My Apps (if the app has already been added to your Dashboard).
For example, the Wellness & Longevity App can be run using genetic data that is provided in any of the following file formats:
- FASTA, FASTQ, CRAM, SEQUENCE.TXT, SEQ.TXT, masterVAR, BAM, SAM, VCF, GVCF, clinical+ VCF, CSV, TXT, and more.
- Files can be uncompressed or can have .GZ or .BZ2 compression.
- Files that are produced by genealogy/ancestry testing labs can also be used: 23andMe, Ancestry.com, The Genographic Project (National Geographic) and Family Tree DNA.
If you have a file in a format that is not currently supported by an app, please submit a Support Request.
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.