How to make a file an Altruist File
When you upload or import a genetic data file into your Sequencing.com account you have the option to designate that file an ‘Altruist File.’ Altruist Files become part of the Altruist Database, a philanthropic open-data initiative to help accelerate life-saving research.
By default, every file you upload or import is not an Altruist File. You must specifically opt-in for your file to become an Altruist File.
- After uploading or importing a file into your account, go to your My Files page, locate your file in the folder ‘My Uploaded Files’.
- Click the Altruist button to ‘On’ for that file.
- The Altruist button is located to the left of every file.
- Your file will automatically be cleansed of personally identifiable information and the data within the file will be anonymously added to the Altruist Database.
- If you change your mind, you can turn 'Off' the Altruist designation for a file at any time. If you do, the file's data will be removed from the Altruist Database.
Storage is free, unlimited and private. You own your genetic data - we keep it safe and never sell or share it.
If you have small files or if you already have your files stored with a cloud provider:
- Use the Upload Center
- Upload files smaller than 100 MB
- Import files of any size from AWS, Google Cloud, Google Drive, Azure, Dropbox, etc.
If you have many files or if your files are large and stored on your computer or server:
Don't have genetic data? No worries! You can still use Sequencing.com to learn and discover.
Use free sample data to experience our apps and discover just how useful genetic data can be.
Get genetic testing
Our list of preferred providers will help you decide which genetic testing service to use. Each preferred provider is pre-screened by Sequencing.com and verified to provide highly reputable genetic testing.